Monday, May 27, 2013

Chocolate Crack Cookies


I found the recipe for these little beauties somewhere on the interwebs, and I have to say they're amazing! These little gems are DAIRY FREE and FLOUR FREE! I was doubtful they would be any good, and I'm glad I was wrong! I'm not sure what they're really called, but I call them Chocolate Crack Cookies because the surface cracks when you bake them... and they're so good they're like crack!

Ingredients
3 egg whites, room temperature
1 1/2 semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt



Directions
Beat egg whites in a medium-size bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly mix in 1 cup powdered sugar. When you've finished it will resemble melted marshmallow (marshmallow creme). Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at a time) or a double boiler on the stove. Mix together 1 cup powder sugar & all of the cocoa powder, corn starch & salt. Mix into egg & sugar mixture until completely combined. Add melted chocolate & 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Roll into 1 inch balls & roll in remaining powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 1-2 inches apart on baking sheet (greasing the pan can do funky things to the sugar coating... I recommend making them without it or using a spray... sparingly). Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. These cookies are ready when the surface cracks and the cookies puff up. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before trying to remove them. These guys bake up super chocolaty!

No comments:

Post a Comment