Monday, August 6, 2012

Sanissimo Corn Crackers


My husband found these Sanissimo Salmas crackers at the grocery store and I was intrigued. These are thin, crispy corn crackers that actually are quite good. If you're expecting a saltine or butter cracker you'll be a bit disappointed. These crackers do not pretend to be anything other than what they are... corn. They have the flavor of a tortilla chip, but the texture of a water cracker. They have a hint of salt, and go well with savory items like tuna salad, chicken salad, pico, cheese, guacamole, hummus, etc... I like that they come wrapped in individual packets. You can grab a pack and stick it in your lunch or bag and off you go! There are 3 crackers to a packet and 8 packets in a box. They were a little pricier than normal crackers. I believe I paid around $4 for these, but I've enjoyed them and plan on taking some with me on my up-coming vacation! The Sanissimo website has information about their products, but good luck unless you can read Spanish. Google Chrome gave me the option to translate it, but a lot of the information did not translate because it was in the form of images, not text.

16 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, can you tell me what the carb count is on them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have 15 grams of carbs per package (3 crackers) and 2 grams of fiber. They're a good size cracker... about the length of your palm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, thanks! I'll have to see if I can find them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I work for the company and I'm glad you liked them. At the moment, Sanissimo products will be easier to find in Texas and Southern CA although we plan to expand in the near future.

    We are also currently working on an English language website that I hope will be helpful.

    Incidentally, we're the same company that makes Sara Lee, Bimbo, Arnold/Brownberry/Orowheat, Thomas's, Entenmann's and other great brands.

    Keep spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please tell me where can I buy it as I live in England?

      Delete
    2. I found this UK site. I hope it helps!

      http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk

      Delete
    3. We have them in the Paiz stores here in Guatemala. they are great as I am on a gluten free diet.

      Delete

  5. I bought one oven baked corn tostadas at Costco but when I came back they don't carry it anymore.

    Could someone tell me where/what store I could purchase it?
    I am in Anaheim, CA, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them online here:

      http://www.mymexicanpantry.com/sanissimo--salmas.html

      http://www.mexgrocer.com/brand-sanissimo.html

      http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk

      Delete
  6. I don't know of any places in your area, but I do know you can find some places online to order them. I did a Google search and a few choices popped up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are great instead a normal cracked low carb a free gluten I Living in mexico and the price here are like $1.5 dollars XD they also has another product is corn toast

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Mexico part-time and Ohio part-time and I SO miss these crackers when I'm in Ohio! So I always pack a bulk-size box or two to take back. They are perfect for guacamole and I make a healthy egg salad and put it on them for b'fast too! If they get a little stale, just put them in the micro for 15 secs and they're good as new. When I want a sweet treat, they are even wonderful as a base for simply fruit jelly, too! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stayed in Costa Rica for two months and tried to shoot for gluten free life. These crackers are a life saver. Salsa, tuna salad or just putting something in the stomach to neutralize acids they do the trick in bailing out hunger without fats or gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stayed in Costa Rica for two months and tried to shoot for gluten free life. These crackers are a life saver. Salsa, tuna salad or just putting something in the stomach to neutralize acids they do the trick in bailing out hunger without fats or gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know if these are non gmo or organic?

    ReplyDelete