Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gluten Free Donuts

As fall nears and we welcome back cooler temperatures my thoughts drift towards comfort foods that traditionally are not very allergy friendly. I have found something that has me excited and hopeful! The Bob's Red Mill site offers recipes that utilize their products. I was hoping to find something different to make with the GF Pancake Mix I have, and I did! Here's a recipe taken from the BRM site for donuts! I plan on modifying the recipe slightly by adding chopped apples and cooking them up like fritters. Enjoy

Gluten Free Donuts


A gluten free recipe to use with the Babycakes Donut Maker. This recipe was not tested by Bob's Red Mill. Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low Cal, Low Fat.

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups GF PANCAKE MIX
1-1/4 cups Water
1-1/2 Tbsp Oil
1 Egg
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions
Combine all ingredients well to make donut batter. Pour batter into donut molds and cook until toothpick comes out clean, about 5-7 min. Cool donuts on a wire rack and top with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, or an icing of your choice.

Serves 8.

Notes
3 mini donuts is 1 serving.
Be sure donut maker is completely preheated.
Cook time is per batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment