Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Schar Gluten Free White Bread

I've passed over Schar's White Bread in the past because it felt like pound cake. On a recent trip home, my aunt had a loaf waiting for me. I couldn't hurt her feelings, so I gave it a try. Like most gluten free breads, it was a small loaf for quite a bit of money (around $5-$6 a loaf). The instructions say to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 2 days. I'm fine with the storage needs, but I don't know anyone who can eat a loaf of bread in 2 days! I will say that I did not make that deadline, but it was still fine by the end of the week. Straight out of the fridge it's a bit firm, but it makes great toast and it will soften up nicely if you microwave it for a few seconds. It tastes good and isn't gritty, which is a plus. I honestly was just happy to be able to eat toast for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment