This is from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch. I just made them gluten free.
- Refined coconut oil, for greasing a baking sheet (Any oil or vegan butter would work)
- 1 onion, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs (Can also use bread crumbs that are not gluten free. The recipe calls for whole wheat bread crumbs.)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside
3. Separate the onion slices into rings
4. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal, and salt
5. Place the rice flour in a second bowl and the milk in a third
6. One at a time, dip the onion rings in the milk, the rice flour, the milk again, and then the bread crumbs, pressing to thoroughly coat
7. Arranged the coated rings on the baking sheet
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until nicely browned
I only baked mine for 20 minutes. You could also fry them in some oil if you wanted.