Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A "Chip" Off the Old Lentil


I have to admit, at first I was very skeptical of these chips. They sounded a little funky to me, but I needed a vehicle for my hummus! I was surprised. They were pretty tasty!  They have a puffed, Funyun-ish, texture... and if you don't know what Funyuns are... shame on you! Anyway, they have a satisfying crunch, but there's a shiny sort of finish to them like most rice crackers have. I personally don't really like that type of finish on my food, but I'm willing to overlook that one feature in order to have something different to carry my hummus to my mouth!
Mediterranean Snack Foods makes a few different flavors of these chips, and they have a "special dietary needs" section so you can find the snack that's right for you!

3 1/2 Happy Bellies

No comments:

Post a Comment