Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Corn Pasta Update

I had originally posted a  review of this pasta on July 5 and referred to it in the Great Noodle Debate. Although I still stand behind my statements, I have found one drawback to this particular pasta. It's texture changes when it's cold. I have cooked this pasta, stored it in the refrigerator, and reheated it with no problem. It will return to the proper texture when it's warmed thoroughly, but it becomes firmer and a little gritty when it's cold. This isn't a huge problem if you're planning on eating it warm, but it can cause a big issue if you're wanting a cold pasta salad. I made that mistake recently and ruined a big bowl of shrimp. The pasta was hard and chewy making the salad extremely unappetizing. Learn from my mistake and chose an alternative pasta for your cold pasta dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment