Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Scream! You Scream!

We all scream for... soy cream? Don't run away just yet! It's not all bad. SO Delicious has a line of dairy free frozen desserts. They make soy milk, coconut milk, and almond milk versions. I have tried the soy and coconut milk versions, and I have to say that I prefer the soy option here. Both the soy and coconut versions remind me more of ice milk than of ice cream. I have to admit I was a little concerned about the coconut milk so I bought the coconut version. I figured, how could I go wrong with something intended to taste like the actual thing it's made from? Well aside from the little flakes of coconut
that reminded me of toenail clippings, the flavor was just... thin. I didn't even finish it. I have tried all three soy flavors pictured here (Chocolate Obsession, Cookie Avalanche, and Peanut Butter Zig Zag) as well as the Belgian Chocolate and Chocolate Almond Brownie. Their site has a bunch more that I have never even seen before. I don't know what's up with that! Anyhow... this evening I indulged in the Chocolate Obsession. While it is more like ice milk and lacks that richness that ice cream has, it has a full on chocolate packed flavor.

How do they rate? I have never tried the almond milk version, so I can't rate that at this time, but I'd have to give the coconut milk (at least the coconut flavor) a rating of 1 Happy Belly. I mean seriously, how do you mess up something flavored like itself? The soy versions get 3 1/2 Happy Bellies.


Coconut Milk

Soy Milk




No comments:

Post a Comment