Friday, July 20, 2012

FRIENDLY FRIDAYS: Freebirds


I fell in love with Freebirds when my husband and I lived near Austin, TX. They have great food without the yuppy Chipotle vibe. Now that I have to be careful of what I eat Freebirds has become one of my favorite places to eat! Their website has allergy information under the "Food" tab. You can also find information from this 2008 report from the Dallas Fort Worth Gluten Intolerance Group. If you have problems with wheat and dairy like me, I recommend their tacos. I prefer mine on the soft corn tortillas, but crunchy tacos are another GF option.  Their queso, BBQ sauce, and salsa have wheat in them, but guacamole, pico de gallo, veggies, and hot sauces are all GF! Their allergen list does not include their carnitas or ground beef, but for sure their chicken is safe. Nachos and burrito bowls are another good option for the gluten free diner. Now we have the "Freedom to Choose" at Freebirds!
*Note: All Freebirds foods are prepared in a common kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment