Thursday, July 5, 2012

Domino's Gluten Free Crust

I was so excited to find out that Domino's offers a gluten free crust! I'm not sure how long they've had it since it's been years since I ordered from them, but it's new to me. I was a little disappointed that it only comes in one size... small. It also costs $10.99 for a plain cheese pizza on the GF crust, which is $1 more than their regular medium cheese pizza. I got mine with pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, and no cheese. With delivery cost and tax it came to $15 and change. A bit pricey for a small pizza, but the trade off is that I actually got to enjoy pizza with my husband without being sick the rest of the night! 


This was my pizza. Tasted great, but someone needs to learn how to cut a pizza evenly.


So, how does it stack up? Pretty good actually. It's a thin, crispy crust and there's a slight sweetness to it (but not enough to detract from the overall taste of the pizza). Texture is always a big factor for me! I don't want to feel like I'm eating sand! This crust has a nice smooth, crisp texture. SCORE! 

Warning: If you have Celiac Disease or are extremely sensitive, Domino's prepares ALL pizzas in a common kitchen area. They have an FAQ page about their GF crust that should help answer any questions you might have. 
I'm giving Domino's gluten free crust 4 out of 5 Happy Bellies. The taste and texture are great, but the size and cost are a little disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment