Monday, July 30, 2012

A Few Soba Recipes


A recent reader comment lead me to search for soba recipes. King Soba noodles are one of my favorite gluten free noodle, but like my reader, I get tired of just having them as spaghetti. Here are some ideas for more authentic Asian cuisine. 

Cold Soba Salad #1
Soba Salad #2
Simple Soba Soup


There are also various recipes on the 101 Cookbooks website. You can adjust most of these recipes to accommodate allergies or food sensitivities. I recommend researching prepared sauces (soy sauce, oyster sauce, etc...) before using them to avoid unintentionally adding an allergen. 


This is a recipe for a basic soba sauce. 
Soy dressing:
1/4 c. light soy sauce (or gf soy sauce)
1/4 c. mirin
2 Tbs. seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 garlic clove finely chopped


No comments:

Post a Comment